Image courtesy of JoelInSouthernCA
Facebook is the most popular site on the web according to Nielsen’s new Social Media Report. How is it possible that Facebook beat powerhouses like Google, LinkedIn, and Yahoo? Did the most famous social network share the answer to the meaning of life or bring users fame and fortune? Not really. But here’s how Facebook did do it:
1. Facebook gives you the most information when you’re “researching” your exes…and your crushes.
2. Facebook lets you click through all 746 pictures of your frenemy’s European honeymoon when you’re bored at work.
3. Facebook makes you feel good about yourself when you see the terrible jobs, boring cities, and 20 additional pounds your old “friends” have accumulated since high school.
4. Facebook allows you to both stalk and block. Sure, I’ll friend you but you’re not allowed to see anything about me…
5. Facebook tells you when people break up and make up, and when they get engaged, married, or divorced. And when they’re pregnant. Talk about a soap opera.
In short, Facebook allows you to stalk people. That’s it.blog comments powered by Disqus