Image via Kickstarter
I’m sad to say that my bike was recently stolen. AGAIN. But there’s no way that I’m going to live without my two-wheeled transportation once the warm weather rolls around. I’m going to replace my beloved bike! However, this time no one is going to get away with stealing my stuff. If all goes well, the BikeSpike Kickstarter campaign will be funded and save my next purchase.
BikeSpike is a GPS tracker that notifies you – via phone and email – the second something goes awry. Like when your bike starts moving without you on it. Once you’ve digitally “locked” your bike, the accelerometer and GPS chipset pinpoint your wheel’s exact whereabouts. Start the chase by sharing the details with friends and law enforcement on social media and via police report.
The device is attached to your frame with tamper resistant screws, and it can even be strategically hidden behind a custom water bottle cage for maximum security. Pledge $150 now, and BikeSpike can be yours in October. Read more at WIRED.
- thelonedovah reblogged this from wiredinsider
- thelonedovah likes this
- bearstrength reblogged this from wiredinsider
- deviated-one reblogged this from wiredinsider
- neihousejose likes this
- travelgadgets likes this
- riderstriderfiresupplier reblogged this from wiredinsider
- justlats likes this
- stayquesting reblogged this from wiredinsider
- asapaustin1 likes this
- blogomatictron76 reblogged this from wiredinsider
- maybejustified reblogged this from wiredinsider
- thankyouma-am likes this
- firstoneyouloved likes this
- yogidabear777 reblogged this from wiredinsider
- yogidabear777 likes this
- rockyourcortex likes this
- digithoughts likes this
- wiredinsider posted this